149. Anthology Story Submissions Wanted!
From Shane Moore and Stygian Publications:
Stygian Publications is pleased to announce a fantasy short story contest for the Abyss Walker Anthology, a new joint venture with the creator Shane Moore. All stories must take place in the Abyss Walker world. You can write a story about your favorite character or create a new one and they may be set in any time.
Half of the stories will be by established writers to include Shane Moore, the creator of the Abyss Walker series, but the other half will come from a writing contest sponsored by Quatrecon. The First Place winner will receive publication in the anthology, professional pay of 5 cents per word, and five contributor copies. The 5-8 runners up (depending on length of stories) will receive publication in the anthology, 1 cent per word, and two contributor copies.
• It will be important to be familiar with the Abyss Walker universe
• Stories will be selected on quality and consistency
• Stories should be between 3-7k words (Query before sending a longer or shorter piece)
• Use standard manuscript format
• Paste your story in the body of the email, no attachments
• Deadline is March 19th, 2010
What we want:
• If you choose an existing character, you must be completely accurate in your depiction
• We prefer new characters. Any race in the Abyss Walker world is acceptable-Including gods or demons
• We are looking for Dark Fantasy, Horror, or Cross Genre
• Solid, character driven stories
For more information on the convention, go to Quatrecon.com
Here are some of the well known writers that your story (if selected) will appear with
Roy C. Booth (novelist and internationally award-winning and produced playwright)
Sean Taylor (Gene Simmon’s "Dominatrix")
Jon Klement ("Tales of the Smerdiverse")
Shane Moore (Creator of the Abyss Walker world)
Paul Genesse ("The Dragon Hunters")
and more to come!
No simultaneous submissions, no multiple submission, but if rejected before the deadline you may submit again.
Submissions should be sent to:
'Difficult to understate' correction
6 hours ago