37.5 Everyone is Hiring in all the Good Places
Note that the application deadline for this position is October 15.
I'd be happy to correspond with anyone interested in applying for this
position or to meet with you at CPTSC next week.
Specialist in technical communication to teach a variety of
introductory, upper-level and graduate technical communication courses,
including courses offered as online distance communication classes.
Teaching load is 12 credits (3 courses) per semester. Also
requires continued scholarly activity, undergraduate and graduate
advising, service on MA thesis committees and department
• Terminal degree in technical, scientific, or professional
communication or related field by start date.
• College-level teaching or industry training or equivalent experience.
• Research interests and specialties that expand and strengthen the
current technical communication curriculum (e.g., instructional
design, proposals, training, single sourcing, medical writing, science
writing, or business communication).
• Experience with online technical communication classes.
• Relevant scholarly activity.
• A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
• The legal right to work in the United States as of the date an offer
of employment is accepted.
• Industry experience.
The English Department at Minnesota State University, Mankato includes
master's level programs in Creative Writing (MFA), English Studies,
Literature, Technical Communication, and TESL, and undergraduate
programs in the same fields (except TESL) and in English education.
There are also undergraduate minors in linguistics and film. The
English department is also responsible for the university's large
composition program and offers general education courses in
literature, film, popular culture, and humanities. For further
information, visit the department website at: http://english.mnsu.edu.
Full notice of vacancy available at http://www.mnsu.edu/humanres/MSU-VAC_NOT/EnglishTC.pdf